Thursday, April 16, 2009

부정적인 결과

We were asked to make 3 sentences each for the grammar ~(으)ㄴ 나머지, ~(으)ㄴ/는 탓에 and ~는 통에. The 3 grammars are all used to give reason for a negative outcome.

One of my classmates made 3 sentences with ~(으)ㄴ 나머지 which I thought was quite funny.

1. 배가 너무 고픈 나머지 과식했어요.
(As I was very hungry, I over ate.)

2. 과식한 나머지 체했어요.
(As I over ate, I have indigestion.)

3. 체한 나머지 구토했어요
(As I have indigestion, I vomited.)

They are grammatically correct by the way. I was asking myself why I didn't think of that.

However, our teacher discourages us from writing short sentences. She reminded that coming to class is like paying a visit to a hospital. In order for a doctor to treat his patient well, the patient must be able to say a lot about his conditions. Similarly, the more we write, the more she will get to know about our 'conditions' and hence more effective 'treatment' for our learning problems.

3 comments:

  1. haha that was really witty(:

    hmmm Out of the 3 grammar contructions, I only know about ~(으)ㄴ/는 탓에. hmm I still have a long way more to go :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. 서두르지 말고 여유있게 재미있게 공부하세요 ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. is there any difference between the three grammar points? love your blog btw >.<

    ReplyDelete