Sunday, April 08, 2007

기념사진

There are definitely more than nine things I will remember about Korea. But I kept to nine so that I do not clutter the picture too much.

I have been to Korea for five times and I don't think I will be going there again anytime soon. If I do go again, it will be to study Korean for two semesters which is 20 weeks. I don't know if it will ever materialise but that will be one of my future plans and the place of study may not necessary be Kyunghee again. Just to think a bit further, if it does happen, it will probably be some sort of a "finale" for my Korean learning journey. I also do not discount the possibility of taking up Masters for Korean language if there is ever going to be a part-time Masters programme for the language in Singapore.

During the 3 weeks in KHU, I have all the night time to think of questions that have been bugging for quite a while. Questions like what are my learning objectives, what is enough for me and how much more effort and resource am I willing to dedicate to my pursuit. I believe I have more or less straightened up my thoughts. I am now more assured of where I am heading. The confused mind which I was experiencing before leaving for Korea for the 3 weeks course was finally at rest. For where I think I will be, I will be. But most importantly, I like what I am doing.

한국말을 공부하기를 좋아하고 말고요.

No comments:

Post a Comment