Sunday, January 21, 2007

경희대에 가자

On the road to the College of Fine Arts in Kyunghee University. It was still a few weeks to spring which started in April and the trees were still bare.


Yesterday I was back at NUS Extension to submit my registration form for the 3 weeks spring intensive Korean language course at Kyunghee University. Coincidentally, three of my former classmates were also there submitting their document for the same course. It is great to know that I am not going to be the lone Singaporean in Kyunghee.

My quest to go for the 10 weeks language course at Sogang University may not have materialised as wish but I have yet to give up. It will probably take a longer time to come. Meanwhile, a short term course at Kyunghee will suffice. Every opportunity is valuable to me especially when I have to put in sacrifices to make each happens.

In Shanghai, I bought a winter coat and some warm clothing. I have started my preparation to go back to school. My mind has seldom been rejuvenated since I started to work. The routine and mundane world has taken its toll on my mind and soul. I don't think I can be the best of myself with a tired mind and soul. I thought it is about time for me to pursue what excites me so that I know I am still living.

Eight years ago while walking in a small town of Jinhae, I knew I would learn the language one day. Maybe it has taken a long time for the thought to bear fruit but it is never too late. Three weeks may be gone in a wink but to know that I have waited long for these days, I will make the most out of my three weeks in Kyunghee. In a month time I shall be packing my bag. At the same time I will be unpacking my mind and soul. It's time to live.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Equinox,

    May your wish come true! Take care.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 와 ~ 좋다! Equinox 씨, 서강대에 갈 수 없지만 경희대에 갈 수 있어서 좋은데요. 축하해요!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have something special in mind to do while the three weeks besides studying? Just curious... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 8년전에 경희대에 한 번 놀러갔었는데..도서관이 마치 그리스 로마신화에 나오는 신전 같았어요. 아니면 제 상상력이 풍부한걸지도..ㅎㅎ

    ReplyDelete
  5. To Pinkhippo and Spicehears. Many thanks =)

    To Song. I am not too sure yet. Maybe you can recommend ^^

    To Sue. Your imagination did not run wild. The buildings at Kyunghee do look like what you have described. If time permits, I shall like to go to Neutinamu to try their mandu and kalguksu as recommended by you :)

    ReplyDelete