Sunday, September 03, 2006

후궁


This picture was taken in Chang Deok Gung (창덕궁 - 昌德宮). It was taken during spring but I had digitally corrected it to give an autumn hue. Chang Deok Gung , as I remember, lacks the granduer one would associate with a palace. I do not know whether it is right for me to associate humbleness to Chang Deok Gung . But that was truly how I felt about the place. If the Korean royalty, at one time, could live so humbly, would it not be that the Korean people has the virtue of humbleness weaved in their culture?

2 comments:

  1. The 단풍looks real. You are right with that humble feeling, can feel it from the picture, not sure whether is enhanced by you or not :p . Can't find any humble corner in any palace in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 정말 창덕궁이 겸허(謙虛)한 느낌(impression)을 젔어요. 하지만 그느낌은 컴퓨터로 만들지 못 해요.

    ReplyDelete