Tuesday, January 02, 2007

상해에서 뭘 했어?

I went Shanghai because I simply wanted to experience cold weather like those in Korea. But it was freezing cold only for two days. I knew it was cold when my ears lost their sensation after being exposed in the cold air for quite some time. For the rest of the week, I did not even bother to put on my winter coat.

So I did not have a chance to go Korea because it has become such a sought-after tourist destination that all flight tickets were fully booked. But I don't think I need to be in Korea to enjoy what Korea can offer. I found a piece of Korea's action in Shanghai.

So I could not go Everland to take its Ferris wheel. Anyway I had my Ferris wheel ride in Jin Jiang Amusement Park (锦江乐园). The Ferris wheel is about 108m high and cost only 20 reminbi (S$4) per ride. Quite a steal. Except the Ferris wheel, there were probably nothing else in the park that really excite me.

So I could not go Gangwon Do(江原道) for skiing. Its alright. I had my first skiing experience at Qixing Indoor Ski Slope (七星室内滑雪场). Like all novices, I started off rolling all over the ski slope. But with some coaching, I managed to find my balance and did some decent skiing at the end. I think I am ready for some real outdoor action.

So I could not have my Korean desserts. I still managed to have my 'Pat Bing Su' (팥빙수, red-bean ice) and yogurt fruits in Shanghai. I had my share of red-bean ice in the food court at the Raffles City in Shanghai. I also had my yogurt fruits, sitting comfortably on a swing, at the Canmore franchaise outlet located at Fujian Road.

Maybe I don't really need to go to Korea for most of the actions it offers. But I definitely need to go there to study its language.

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous.

    How's the sogang application?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should know soon whether my study leave will be granted. Before that, nothing is firm yet.

    ReplyDelete