Wednesday, January 03, 2007

사진을 몇 장 찍었어

Caught in a traffic jam when we were about to cross the Lupu Bridge (卢浦大桥) from Pudong (浦东) to Puxi (浦西). Anyway, the traffic condition in Shanghai may seem a bit chaotic to Singaporeans. Just note that traffic lights are only meant as a guide in Shanghai and you should be quite safe.


These China-made bicycles just made me nostalgic. They used to ply the streets of Singapore but now they are gone - replaced by mountain bikes. We used to own a bicycle like this in our family. Provision shop assistant used to send our neighbour's grocery riding on this bicycle. How time has changed . . .


Business was brisk at this supermarket at Nanjing East Walking Street (南京东步行街). Too much things to see and buy that I did not know what to get eventually. So I was contented to just walk the street and enjoy a night of sight-seeing.


Bing Tang Hu Lu (冰糖葫芦) being sold at the Bund. They looked iressistable and delicious under the light. Heard a lot about this candy but have never seen or tasted it. Anyway, I never bought one of these though. I was satisfied just watching it.


You may be forgiven to think that this a western city. Bronze sculpture, Burger King and Coffee Bean are things that are just so western. But if you look closer, this is still Shanghai. Shanghai is not new to western influence. Western culture is part of the social gene of Shanghai.


Lang Lang (朗朗), a Chinese piano child prodigy, performed at the Shanghai Grand Theatre. He is affectionately called "The World Piano Prince". By the time I saw this big poster, his performance was over. I am no classical music fan but I still felt a sense of lost for missing the opportunity to meet the pride of the Chinese musical scene.

4 comments:

  1. 안녕하세요. 스파이스베어의 블로그를 통해 이곳에 오게 되었습니다.
    한국문화에 관심이 참 많으신가봐요.. ^^ 한국어도 너무 참 잘하시는듯..
    혹시 한국인?? ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, thanks for dropping by.

    No, I am not a Korean. I am a Singaporean who is just interested in studying Korean language.

    You have an interesting Korean food blog. The food just looks mouth-watering good. I will definitely be visiting it frequently =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I love your pictures and the information thus far, as if I have been there myself.^^

    More to come?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. There should be more, I think ^^

    ReplyDelete