Thursday, December 06, 2007

눈이 오는 대신에 비가 온다

This will be my last posting from Seoul for this trip. I will be catching a morning flight out of Seoul tomorrow. This evening, I was at that City Hall Plaza to witness the opening ceremony of the open air ice skating rink. The City Hall was filled with carnival mood when all the lights were switched on at 6:30pm. It was drizzling during the opening ceremony but it did not deter the crowd and those people who were waiting eagerly to skate in the open air ice skating rink. Professional ice-skaters were invited to perform at the ceremony. Frankly, I have never watched any live ice-skating performance before so this evening was a totally refreshing experience for me. After the opening ceremony ended, the rink was opened to paying public. There were so many people inside the rink enjoying their first outside ice-skating experience for this winter. The atmosphere at the City Hall Plaza was great. However, it would have been better if it had snowed and not drizzled.

There are many more things and thoughts about this trip that I have yet to find time to write about. When I return to Singapore, I shall continue from where I left off in Seoul. To make a simple conclusion, this trip has been an enjoyable and fruitful one. Anyway, I can never imagine how I cannot enjoy myself here. I feel like I am at home even though I am still not good with my Korean language. Two weeks holiday are still too short when I consider all the things that I have wanted to do in Korea but I believe there is always a next time. To end this trip, I shall leave you with my photos taken this evening.

Light-up at the Seoul's City Hall Plaza

Crowd at the opening ceremony of the open air ice skating rink

Synchronised ice skating performance

The ice skating rink was opened to public after the opening ceremony

There were so many people in the ice skating rink

The Hi' Seoul's tiger mascot was a crowd winner.

Poster boards set up around the ice skating rink perimeter

The Korean media was out in full force. KBS's SNG vehicle

MBC crew doing an interview with the public

Light-up can also be seen at the Cheonggyecheon Plaza

4 comments:

  1. wow.... the lightup is impressive!
    It's like a huge Arabian castle... haha.
    And great pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 우와 .. 넘 부러워요 .. ㅋㅋㅋ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl, it is not an Arabian castle but rather a crown. If I can have a bird-eye shot of the plaza, you should be able to see what I mean.

    테레사야 부럽지마... 내년 우리 같이 서울에 가자!

    ReplyDelete