Saturday, November 24, 2007

세 도시, 세 공항

Inside Changi International Airport Terminal 1

Last night, I arrived at Changi Airport Terminal One by half past 9. I like our Changi Airport. I don't mind checking in early just to shop and dine. My Air China flight was supposed to depart for Beijing at 15 minutes past 12.

CA290, a Boeing 777-200 aircraft, berthed at Changi Airport.

But it didn't. Reason given was that due to some Typhoon or Tropical Storm, the flight route had to be re-planned and approved before it could take off. So my flight from Singapore to Beijing was delayed by 2 hours. I had this bad feeling that I was going to miss my connecting flight to Incheon.

My in-flight breakfast, fried noodle, served at 3am.

I thought I could finally catch some sleep after the aircraft took off. To my surprise, breakfast was served once the aircraft reached its cruising altitude and that was 3am. I requested for fried noodle. Ate a bit and went back to sleep. Before I could really sleep, the cabin light was switched on again by half past 5, about 2 hours before the estimated arrival time at the Beijing Capital International Airport.

258 days to Beijing Olympic Games and I was stranded in Beijing.

When I finally entered Beijing Airport, it was about 8am and my connecting flight to Incheon was supposed to depart at 8:45am. But due to some confusing instructions given by the ground staff, true enough, I missed my connecting flight. As a result, I had to settle for the afternoon flight which was scheduled to depart at 1:45pm.

At the departure hall. Beijing Airport is bursting at its brim with people.

Flight to Incheon arrived at Beijing late and everyone was made to wait.

Guess what after waiting 5 hours for my afternoon connecting flight. I was made to wait some more. The connecting flight only arrived at Beijing at 2pm and by the time we were allowed to board the plane it was 10 minutes to 3. The aircraft pulled off from its berth at 3pm but did not take off until half hour later because it was in a queue. That showed how busy was the Beijing Airport.

Picture taken of Incheon Airport from inside airport limousine bus.

The flight from Beijing to Incheon took about 1 hour and 25 minutes. After advancing 1 hour to Seoul time, the flight landed at Incheon at 6pm (local time). Almost 24 hours after leaving home, I finally reached Incheon International Airport. The feeling was almost like home-coming. The outside temperature was 8 degC. I bought a ticket for the airport limousine bus 602-1, bound for Anguk-dong, at 9,000won (S$14.50). From then on, it was a smooth ride to my accommodation (for the next few days) which is located somewhere near to Changdeokgung.

Walking pass Changdeokgung while on my way to my lodging.

I am feeling very comfortable in my room now. I paid 27,000won (S$43.50) per night and it has everything - even wireless Internet. After a gruelling day, I am most happy to be able to get a good night sleep. Good night from Seoul. ^^

3 comments:

  1. O_O whoa.... what a tiring flight!
    But luckily you've reached Seoul now =) Have lotsa fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just wondering. how did you find your accomodation in seoul? Is it like a homestay kind?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope. It is a guesthouse. I found it in Tour2Korea website under accommodations.

    ReplyDelete