Thursday, November 29, 2007

겨울 원더랜

Olympic Park

Soma Museum of Art. I believe people are like building. When they have developed a certain degree of culture, their charm will show naturally. When everything is dark they shine like a beaming light.

It was actually still early, probably about half past 5 when I took this picture. I like the light and shadow. The art museum beside the coffee bean kinda brought out my artistic flair.

A long shot of the coffee bean building in the Olympic Park. To the right of it, is the Soma Museum of Art. This is what I call "coffee-culture". I like the night glow in this photo. When there is culture and art, everything seems to look more beautiful even in a park.


Lotte World

Magic Castle of the Lotte World. There is no better place to get the Christmas feel than the amusement park. I have long outgrown fairytale but I still like amusement park. It always bring out the child in me.

The side entrance of the Magic Castle. I took many photos of the castle since this was the first time for me in the Lotte World. I paid 7,000won for the night entry ticket which was available after 7pm.

The main gate of the Magic Castle. There was long queue for any kind of ride. I was better off spending my evening walking around the park. For someone who has never been to any of those Disney-inspired amusement parks, everything looked interesting in the Lotte World.

Amusement park is supposed to bring on the smile in people and I think I have captured one of those smiles in this photo. When the mood is good, people tend not to mind spending more money. So much toys and sweets to tempt those youngs and young-at-hearts.

Christmas Musical Special - Cinderalla. Just watching this musical made my money worth. In addition, it brought on this nice Christmas spirit. This musical with beautiful songs, lights and dances made a good closing to another day in Seoul. Those racoon dolls are the Lotte World's mascots.

The prince in the Cinderalla musical "standing high". Perhaps, if I am still a kid, I may think that he is real. I may lose my sleep for days, thinking that I have finally met the prince in a fairytale. Frankly, as a kid, I always wish that those fairytales are real and this world would be so much more beautiful. I wish everyone will live happily ever after - from Seoul's Lotte World.

2 comments:

  1. Equinox, I found myself crying softly looking at all the photos and reading your journal. Life is so beautiful, isn't it? Whether it's in Singapore or in Seoul, we share the same sky , and it's obvious that sometime, we forget to PAUSE and appreciate life.

    You have done that in this trip. I am sure it's a journey of soul too for you. It's such a beautiful thing that you're doing.....thanks for giving me a good start today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome, Aini. As you say, sometimes we just need to pause and smell the flowers.

    ReplyDelete