Saturday, November 10, 2007

추억투성이인 거리



There was a time when I felt lost about what to do about my Korean study. After completing my Conversational Advanced Korean Level 6 course at NEX and with no Post-Advanced Korean course in sight, my Korean study came to an abrupt stop. During that period, I found my consolation in Lena Park's 미아 (迷兒, Lost Child). Lena Park's vocal, in my opinion, has no parallel in the Korean pop scene. It was she who first made me sit up and listen to Korean pop song. Her rendition of 미아 perfectly expressed the sense of loss which I was feeling at that point of time. When she sang "길은 어디에?", I was also asking myself, where is my road? After listening to the song for many times, I somehow found that elusive determination to seek my way out. First I went to Kyung Hee University for a short Korean language programme before coming back to continue my Korean study at the Singapore Korean School.

Soon, my study at SKS will also come to an end and it will be time again for me to seek out other options to study Korean. It may seem that going back to Korea to study is inevitable someday. The only unknown now is ... when?

No comments:

Post a Comment