Monday, February 09, 2009

귀가의 길

There is one thing I must learn. For any festival, visit when it just started, not when it is about to end. In comparison, Hwacheon's Sancheoneo Ice Festival seems more interesting than Taebaek's Snow Festival. Anyway, even without the snow festival, I would have still wanted to visit Mt. Taebaek. If I could stay for another day at Taebaek, I would have climbed up Mt. Taebaek. It has been quite a long time since I climb up a mountain in Korea. The 2 days 1 night to Taebaek is just the first of the many to come. My next 2 days 1 night trip shall be to Jinhae to see 벚꽃 probably on the last week of March before the start of my Spring semester.

Sunset at Taebaek as seen from my room. The view of distant mountain was great.

Roads at Taebaek are brightly-lit at night. I couldn't sleep because of aching legs.

Taebaek in the morning. Taebaek is not as remote as I thought.

Empty Taebaek Station. The next train to Cheongnyangni is at 10:13am.

Boarding Cheongnyangni-bound train. 2 days 1 night trip to Taebaek ends here.

Ipod music - my most faithful companion for the 4.5 hours trip back to Seoul.

No comments:

Post a Comment