Wednesday, February 25, 2009

청계천에 산책

It feels very different to be in Seoul as a tourist and as a student. As a tourist, I made it a point to go out to somewhere everyday but as a student, I am quite contented staying inside my dormitory after school. It is quite apparent that purpose of why I am in Seoul is shaping my thought and behaviour.

It has been quite a while since I last went downtown. Yesterday, I suddenly felt like taking a walk down Cheonggyecheon. Frankly, Cheonggyecheon is quite plain-looking during the day. It only turns on its charm at night.

One of the many nice cafes found along Cheonggyecheon.

There is a "Digital Garden" show going on every evening at Cheonggyecheon now. Using laser beams projection, colourful images of digital flower are projected onto a section of the wall along Cheonggyecheon. The digital flowers are computer-generated graphics and what is amazing is that they can "grow" and "bloom". Since it is laser projection, the lines of the 3-dimensional digital flowers are very sharp. "Digital Garden" as the show is called, is the work of a Mexican artist - Miguel Chevalier. I have never seen anything like that before.

Laser-projected digital flowers can be seen at Cheonggyecheon in the evening.

The lines of the digital flowers are so well-defined that they look like printed.

Watching from across the stream. The digital flowers look like fireworks.

On-site photo gallery of Cheonggyecheon's history under a bridge.

The familiar view of Cheonggyecheon Plaza.

No comments:

Post a Comment