Saturday, February 14, 2009

먹거리

먹거리 means various kinds of food while 잠거리 means various kinds of accommodation. 거리 by itself means street but when it is attached at the back of a noun it can also take on the meaning of 여러가지. Anyway, this post is not about grammar but about food.

I don't usually eat in a Korean restaurant when I am alone. Korean food is meant to be eaten in a group and I feel weird sitting in a Korean restaurant alone. So most of the time, I ended eating non-Korean food. But when I am with company, I will suggest Korean food. During school day, it will be school canteen food for me because it is cheap.

While I may be a "picky" eater (I don't eat raw food, most of the seafood, exotic food), I am not a person who will miss food or complain about food. I don't miss Singapore food and likewise I don't think I will miss Korean food when I go back.

School canteen food - Donkatsu Cheese Spaghetti. Price: 3,500won

Frequently-ordered food - Chomp Chomp Donkatsu. Price: 5,000won

Recommended - Cajun Chicken Omurice. Price: 5,800won

No comments:

Post a Comment