Friday, June 19, 2009

흐린 날씨가 이어지다

The sky has been staying gloomy for the past few weeks. Perhaps that is a sign of monsoon season (장마절) approaching. If weather forecast has it right, the monsoon season is going to start this weekend and for the next one month, I can only expect either rain or overcast sky. And after that, I will probably be shouting "Hot Hot 뜨거 뜨거 Hot Hot" when the summer heat reaches its climax. It seems like the weather for the next 2 months will be anything but benign but whatever, life still goes on.

As for my daily routine, since being 'sent' to the College of Business Administration, I feel like I am attending lesson in another campus. I have stopped using the main gate to get into my campus and I do not eat my lunch at Cheongungwan's (靑雲館) canteen anymore. I am now using the side gate beside the College of Dentistry and for my lunch, I am having it at the canteen at HUFS which is just a short walk away. The meal is also quite cheap over there. The most expensive dish at HUFS is 2,200won and the cheapest 1,400won whereas the most expensive dish at Cheongungwan is 3,500won and the cheapest 2,500won.

View (from the Crown Hall) of the new College of BA, where I have my lesson. The weather isn't very cheery these days as shown by the picture. It is either cloudy or overcast sky.

View (from the Crown Hall) of the area behind the College of BA. HUFS is a short distance away. The food at HUFS's canteen is both cheap and good.


Apart from daily routine, my lesson has also seen some changes. Since there is no textbook this semester, we are instead trained to listen to news, read novel and write thesis. The 'real-world' Korean is what I am being taught now. The lesson should have been difficult but frankly speaking, the first week has been rather relaxing since I am not required to prepare for next day lesson. There is also no homework or presentation to do. Without textbook, I don't really know what I will be learning next week but I am still looking forward to lesson. Perhaps there may be some surprises awaiting.

7 comments:

  1. haha so i am not the only one! when i am hot i will also say Hot 뜨거 뜨거 Hot 뜨거 뜨거 Hot Hot..

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think there is a korean rock song that uses this expression as lyrics

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes! the song 'HOT' by 1TYM.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Equinox씨, 안녕하세요^^
    오랜만이에요. 그동안 많은 일들이 있었네요.
    한국생활도 이제 곧 1년이 되어 가나요?
    내년 봄학기에 한국어교육 석사과정을 밟는 건가요? ^^
    저는 작년 11월부터 인도 첸나이(Chennai)에 와서 일하고 있답니다. 올해 10월 말에 한국에 돌아갈 예정이에요.
    사진 보니까 전혀 낯설지가 않아서 반갑기도 하고 오랜만에 소식도 전할 겸 아주아주 오랜만에 댓글 남기고 갑니다.
    그리고 제 생각에도 경희대 학생식당보다는 외대 학생식당이 경제적이에요^^

    Song(parkeunsong@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Song씨, 안녕하세요^^
    잘 지내셨어요?
    정말 오랜만이지요.
    남긴 댓글을 봤을 때 놀라움도 있고 기쁨도 있더라고요.
    오랜만에 다시 제 블로그에 찾아와서 얼마나 기쁜지 모르겠어요.
    저는 한국에 온지 7개월 가까이 됐어요.
    한국어 너무 좋아서 한국어교육 석사과정을 하고 싶은 마음이 있기는 하지만 여러가지 객관적인 원인때문에 결국은 안 하기로 했어요.
    앞으로 꿈을 이루어 낼 수 있게 더 노력해야 해요.
    Song씨와 한 번 만날 수 있으면 좋겠다고 생각해요.
    그런데 아마 Song씨는 귀국 전에 저는 벌써 싱가폴에 돌아가서 못 만날 것 같아요.
    아무튼 오랜만에 절 기억날 수 있어서 감사해요^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. 제가 한국을 떠났을 때쯤 Equinox 씨는 한국으로 오신 거네요^^
    한국 돌아가면 Equinox 씨 만날 수 있을지도 모르겠다고 생각했는데... 그 전에 싱가폴로 가시는군요--;;
    아쉽네요...
    싱가폴국립대학교(NUS)에도 작년부터 학부과정에 한국어 수업이 개설된 걸로 알고 있어요. 제 대학원 선배 한 분이 지금 NUS에서 일하고 있거든요.
    작년에 인도로 오고 나서 MSN 메신저가 이상하게 로그인이 안돼요... 뭐가 잘못돼서 제 아이디가 삭제된 것인지도 몰라요. 혹시 Skype 쓰세요? 제 Skype 아이디는 chundungsori예요.
    저도 싱가폴에 꼭 한 번 가보고 싶어요. 싱가폴에서도 일해보고 싶은데, 알아봤더니 아쉽게도 이번에는 기회가 없는 것 같네요.
    블로그가 정말 알차고 재미있어요... 며칠간 Equinox 씨 글만 읽어도 시간 다 갈 것 같아요^^
    댓글로만 그동안 밀린 얘기 하기에는 조금 어렵네요^^; 시간 날 때 이메일 한 번 주세요. Skype도 편한데, 인도하고 한국 시차가 3시간 30분이나 되거든요...

    Song

    ReplyDelete
  7. 예, 시간이 나면 이메일도 쓰고 Skype도 설치해요.
    우리 나눌 수 있는 이야기가 많을 텐데요.
    또 연락할게요 ^^

    ReplyDelete