Monday, January 28, 2008

서울역을 지나갔다

Since 2002, I have not walked past the Seoul Station. When I saw it this time, it was the new Seoul Station that I was seeing. The last time, I took my first train ride of my life from Seoul to Gyeong-ju without knowing a single word of Korean. It was an adventure that I have lived to treasure. It was kinda ironic to feel nostalgic in front of a new Seoul Station.

That evening, there was a performance of Andes Music in the open area just outside of the Seoul Station. A small crowd gathered around a group of five musicians of whom one was a Korean. The passionate beats of the Andes Music were so infectious that I found my body swinging with them. It was a free performance and a very enjoyable one.

The Seoul Station was a very busy station. People moved in and out of it in steady stream non-stop. The heartbeat of this city could be felt here. Not far away from the new Seoul Station stood the old Seoul Station. In a stark contrast to its replacement, time had stood still for the old station. Its days of glory is nothing but history now. Not forgetting, a part of its history has a bit of mine as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment