Saturday, January 12, 2008

고급1반

On Thursday, while I was talking with my classmate in the SKS's canteen before our evening class, someone was waving frantically at the tail-end of my sight. When I finally turned my head over, I saw our cute 장선생님 waving both her hands up and down in an attempt to get our attention. After she was satisfied that she got our attention, she moved on smiling. I was pleasantly amused by our bubbly and fun-loving teacher.

The surprise didn't stop there that evening. When we went up to our classroom at level 3, we saw that our 장선생님 had prepared a nametag for everyone. We were required to pin our nametag onto our shirt during lesson time. For a moment, I felt as if I was in a kindergarten. The small tables and chairs and the kid-learning classroom setup further blew up in me that feeling of being a kid all over again. I think I will be getting younger with every lesson ^^;

Our 장선생님 enjoys chatting with students at every possible opportunity. She would chat on things like eye shadow, manicure, drama, movie and TVQX but somehow it didn't affect the pace of her teaching. It was quite apparent to me that she should have received some form of training in pedagogy. Her teaching style was quite systematic. She followed a pattern of teaching followed immediately by practice - a basic in effective training. Furthermore, she kept making us repeat after her in order to train our speaking. I have only one word to describe our 장선생님 - 최고.

By the second lesson, our class size has reduced to only seven after two students switched to lower-level class. I hope there won't be further attrition or Advanced 2 may not materialise next semester. I am keeping my finger crossed. While I was signing the attendance register, I noticed that there was supposed to be 12 students. Besides the two students who chose to be transferred out, three didn't turn out after registration. That's how the class ended up with seven students.

Perhaps I didn't mention this before. When I was deciding if I should repeat Advanced 1, Vic, an admin staff of SKS, told me that I would be joining a class with very good students. From my observation so far, I think she was right though I am still mad with her for insisting that I paid an extra of $10.70 (Goods and Services Tax included) for course registration fee because I discontinued my lesson last semester. Grrr...

No comments:

Post a Comment