Thursday, January 17, 2008

이유가 필요없은 기쁨

I know I am very tired. Give me a bed at the end of a day and I will probably knock out instantly. But this will only happen to me during a normal day. It will be a totally different scenario if I have Korean class in the evening. Despite feeling tired physically, I always sat through my lesson without feeling a sense of sleepiness. It is amazing how much energy I can draw from within my body when I am doing something I like. I have discovered that this energy does not just stay within my body, it can radiate out and affect the people around me and the environment that I am in. It may sound surreal but if you have at one point of your life done something which you really like, you will probably understand what all this means.

Today was a happy day. Guess what? Vic, the admin staff at SKS, told me that Advanced 3 will start next semester when I dropped by the admin office this evening. She was actually responding to my request which I made on the first day of this semester. Frankly, I wasn't expecting that she would take my request seriously when she said that she would try to ask for Advanced 3 class to be opened. For what she has done, I thought she was adorable today. Actually she is adorable most of the time. Err... maybe I should just say all the time. 발 없는 말이 천 리 간다라고 그런 말이 있잖아. 조심해야 하겠지 ^^;

Our Advanced 1 class attendance was at an all time low today. It started with 9 students. By the second lesson, there were only 7 students left after 2 students left for other classes. By the third lesson, only 5 students were left. Today was the fourth lesson and only 3 of us turned out. When I was thinking about the reducing class-size and the possibility that Advanced 2 may not have enough students to start next semester, I let off a soft sigh. Jang Seon Saeng Nim caught me by surprise when she turned around and asked me why I sighed. I was dumbfounded. Didn't I say she is a good teacher. She has such a sharp pair of ears that even my soft sigh cannot escape her notice. I wonder how she did it but I was rather impressed ^^b

No comments:

Post a Comment