Saturday, November 11, 2006

한국어 프로그램도 끝났다

Note: The above certificate is not an original certificate issued by NUS Extension. The certificate is edited and reproduced in this posting for the purpose of illustration only.

My Korean Langugae Programme at NUS Extension has finally come to an end. I have reproduced a copy of the course certificate to mark this special milestone. I have studied under the programme from October 2005 to November 2006 and been through 150 hours of Korean lessons (perhaps only 140 hours for me since I missed 4 lessons). Taking one year to complete 150 hours of lessons is quite a long time. Probably it takes only 7.5 weeks in Korea to achieve the same learning hours assuming that there is 4 hours of lesson every day from Monday to Friday. In a mathematical sense, I could have learn Korean up to 400 times faster if I am in Korea as compared to Singapore.

The certificate given at the end of the course is only meant to say that I have participated in the course and nothing indicative of my Korean language standard. I still speak Korean badly. Listening is equally as bad. An end always marks a new beginning. Perhaps I may give back all that I have learnt to my teacher or I can continue to improve. Its all up to me now.

7 comments:

  1. equinox, since the post advance level may only start in March next year, why don't u organise a study group for all of us who are interested. Same time every thursday. I am sure we can use NUS Ex classrooms.

    진짜...생각해봐..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay but what do you want out of this study group? Without some clearly defined objectives, the study group will likely become a chit-chat session. But if chit-chat is one of the objectives then that is fine. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe heh...chit chat sounds good...but must chat in korean.....would that be a good objective???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chit chatting in korean sounds like a good way to improve 말하기. Perhaps a different topic for chit chatting each week. Btw, not possible to use the classrooms as they are all fully packed with lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how this can be done. Let me think about it first and perhaps get some response from the rest before I comment further. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am still not able to speak any Korean in my dream like others did. But the other day, I dreamt that I flung my KLPT and I think it will soon become a reality....(sob...sob)

    ReplyDelete