Sunday, September 24, 2006

서울에서 아직 안 자는데

It was eleven at night. The summer heat of Seoul was still lingering in the air. The crowd in Myeongdong had disappeared together with the pushcarts that lined the walking streets much earlier. But the city had not quite slept yet. I was walking along the street of Myeongdong and a guy came up to me and asked,"찜질방 어디에?"(where to go for Korean sauna?). I replied, "Sorry, I don't know." He walked away.

I could not sleep and my stomach was feeling a bit hungry after a strenuous day of walking. At one corner of the street, a brightly lite building attracted my attention like a moth attracted to a candle flame.



I never thought that coffee, tea, gelato, cake and sandwich could be such a luxurious indulgence. Sitting by the window on the second floor of the cafe and enjoying my gelato and sandwich, the day ended quite satisfyingly. The Myeongdong crowd had left and there was nothing much to gaze out of the window at. But then, I would also not be gazed at by the passer-bys, I thought.

6 comments:

  1. A bit lonely to have gelato and sandwich all by oneself. 다음에 진구같이먹어요....^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesmaru씨, 전 혼자서로 gelato하고 샌드위치를 먹는데 어떻게 알았어요? 아마... ^^;

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I'm to write the title in English, it will be "Sleepless in Seoul". How about that? ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Equinox 씨, with this photos, I can "see" you having your gelato and sandwich. By the way, I like the photos, well taken. More to come??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. 하지만 다른 사진이 없어서 미안해요.

    ReplyDelete