Monday, December 21, 2009

석방

 
The very first picture taken after touching down on Inchoen last year on the afternoon of Dec 5. The outdoor temperature was -6degC. Dec 5 turned out later to be one of the coldest days last winter.
 
 
I never thought I could leave everything behind. But when the time came, I couldn't wait to jump on the plane and let go of everything. The past was a burden which I once vowed to carry it to grave. Not anymore now. I have earned my right to take flight because I have learned to let go. 
 
I heard a story recently. It was about a boy who got one of his hands stuck inside an antique vase. His mother was worried. Not matter how hard she tried, she could not get his hand loose. In desperation, she broke the vase despite it being a priceless antique. What she found out later was, her son had all along been clenching on to a coin. There was no way a clenched fist could have slipped through the mouth of the vase. 
 
Letting go is not only about making it easy on yourself, it is also having mercy on people who are concern about you. Thank you to those people who broke the 'vase' only to show me that I should have let go in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment