Thursday, May 01, 2008

부산에 돌아간다

The return journey from Oedo (외도, 外島) to Jangseungpo (장승포, 長承浦) took half an hour. Our ferry arrived back at Jangseungpo exactly at 3pm. The place of disembarkation wasn't at the Cruise Ferry Terminal as thought but at another ferry point some 200m away. What that meant was that I had to walk a longer distance back to the Coastal Ferry Terminal for my connecting ferry to Busan. At the back of my mind, I knew that the next ferry to Busan would leave at 4pm so I took some time to walk around the fishery port. Things which I always associate with a fishery port, like seagulls, fishing vessels and light beacons, were all there at Jangseungpo.

Geoje Fishery Cooperative Market (거제수협공판장, 巨濟水協共販場)

Fishing vessels and the calm water of Jangseungpo Port.

Seagulls (갈매기) basking in the sun on top a fishing vessel.

A seagull spreading out its wings, like a kite, over my head.

I like how the water sparkles under the effect of sunlight.

Back at Jangseungpo Coastal Ferry Terminal.

My ferry ticket back to Busan. It cost 19,200won one way.

Fishing vessel entering port. Two light beacons mark the port entrance.

Geojedo (거제도, 巨濟島), where Jangseungpo and Oedo are, is the second largest island in Korea. To think that I actually spent less than half day on the island didn't quite do justice to the effort I spent to get there. But I didn't have the luxury of time and had to leave the island thinking about what I had missed. The ferry to Busan left at 4pm and I had one hour of really good sleep before the ferry arrived back at the Busan Coastal Ferry Terminal. With that, I concluded my trip to Odeo. I spent altogether 8 hours and 63,400won (~S$90) for just 1.5 hours of "paradise" at Oedo and I think it's worth it.

Back in Busan at 5pm. Buildings over at Yeongdo (영도, 影島).

The Busan Bridge is next to the Busan Coastal Ferry Terminal.

The Busan Coastal Ferry Terminal in the evening.

Seagull flying over the blue water of Busan Port. 海鸥飞在蓝蓝海上.

No comments:

Post a Comment