Sunday, September 23, 2007

주야평분시

If you have not known, today, according to the lunar calendar, is Autumnal Equinox (추분-秋分). This is a time when the day and night are equally divided. After today, night will become longer than day until the next Spring or Vernal Equinox (춘분-春分) when the day and night will become equally divided again. Equinox is the namesake for my blog persona, always reminding myself to be balance in my point of view just like day and night are equal at equinox point.

Somehow I always feel like slowing down my pace of life at this point of the year. But I don't seem to be able to do that every year. For this weekend I was tasked by my teacher to write a 1,000-word essay in Korean. I never thought I could write such a long essay in Korean but I actually did it. The price for that is that I am completely drained out now. It doesn't help that a new work week is starting tomorrow. No Mid-Autumn Festival's consecutive holiday for us because this is Singapore.

In its latest effort to promote Singapore, Singapore Tourism Board coined Singapore as "One City, 3 Festivals". Hari Raya Aidilfitri and Deepavali are both public holiday here but not Mid-Autumn Festival. It is a bit hard to get hook on to the festival mood when there is no holiday. More pomelo and mooncake for me please.

2 comments:

  1. 천자까지 문장을 쎴어요? 우아, 대단인데요!
    I came across under name for 추석, is 한가위 but dunno how that came about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for telling me that. Now I know that 추석 is also known as 한가위.

    ReplyDelete