Saturday, October 07, 2006

린의 '날 위한 이별'

While browsing through the CDs at a shop in Myeongdong subway station , I came across Lyn's "Misty Memories" album. I don't know much about Lyn but I knew that she can sing very well as I was told by a friend. I never regretted buying her album. Her soulful voice accentuates her R&B numbers almost to perfection. I especially like the track '날 위한 이별'.


'날 위한 이별' was made into a music video for the movie '연리지'(連理枝). '연리지' has a sad story behind it and I mean the actual story. In the past, two lovers were stopped from being together. The heart-broken couple ended their lives. A tree grew up from each of their graves. To show their determination to be together after death, the leaves and branches of the two trees wrapped around one another closely. The roots of the trees were also intertwined tightly until they were inseparable. Hence, '연리지' is a noun used to describe a strong desire to be together.

Back to the movie '연리지'. I did not watch it when it was screened in Singapore a few months back. Here I am watching the snippets of the movie for the first time through Lyn's music video '날 위한 이별'. It seems quite a touching movie although the storyline can be a bit of a cliche.

4 comments:

  1. I actually borrowed the VCD and returned the VCD on the same day. I stopped watching after 20 minutes of the movie. I think it's because :

    a. I dun quite like 취지우 anymore
    b. I knew they're not gonna be together, hence I would probably cry my eyes out
    c. I was busy watching my 궁 for the 10th time, then.

    But watching the MV, made me consider borrowing the vcd again. Looks good, afterall.

    And the guy is quite a dish ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aini, you are better than me. At least you watched 20 mins of the movie. I have yet to watch it ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Korea movie industry continues to produce these movies with almost identical storyline and they will still sell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strangely, Korea movie doesn't seem to be doing as well as its drama overseas. Anyway, don't you just like their music videos.^^

    ReplyDelete