Wednesday, November 20, 2013

몽환적인 만남

A man and woman arranged to meet each other on top of 63 Building. The meeting time was set an hour before sunset. It was their first meeting. In this connected world, physical meeting is not a prerequisite to befriend someone.

The woman was half hour late for the appointment. She swept her eyes across the hall, hoping for an eye contact which intuitively say, "It's him!" There was no one within her sight who was looking her way. She decided to take a seat and wait till sunset. Soon, a man walked towards her.   

"Are you waiting for someone?"

"Yes."

"I think he is not coming."

"How do you know?"

"If he would come, he would have come."

"Who are you?"

"I am just a passerby who is curious why a lady is sitting here alone."

"I think he is a little bit late."

"You trust him?"

"Yes."

"How much you know about him to hold such trust?"

"Not much, but I just feel he is a trustworthy person."

"In case he is not coming, are you interested in knowing me?"

"Well, not really."

"Why?"

"Because you are not the person I am waiting for."

"How unfortunate. Anyway, have a good day. Even if your friend does not turn up, it is still worth staying for the night scenery. Personally, I think it is much better than Seoul Tower.

"You are not staying."

"No, I have seen it too many times."

"You are leaving now?"

"Yes, I have done what I am here for."

"What is it?"

"I have just finished meeting a friend, bye."

By sunset, the man whom the woman was waiting for did not show up. Night fell quietly on Seoul and the city lights on both banks of Hangang lit up brilliantly. "That stranger was right, the night scenery is really worth the wait. I am glad I made the trip here.", the woman thought.

There is dream encounter and there is just dream. Either way, they are beautiful.

"That stranger was right, the night scenery is really worth the wait..."

No comments:

Post a Comment