Tuesday, July 24, 2007

믿을 수 있어요?

Will you ever believe someone who walks up smiling to you and says, "지금부터 긴 이야기를 시작할 텐데 믿어 줄 수 있어요?" (From this moment onwards, I will start a long story. Will you believe me?). It really depends on whether you believe in miracle. I like "Il Mare" because it plays with miracle and yet makes it almost believable.

I like seeing the effect of love on time and space in this movie. At the movie's ending, love manages to break them all down. In reality, we are never really separated by time and space but rather by the lack of love for one another. I recall one story. Why do people shout at each other when they are unhappy? They need to shout because their hearts are separated by a long distance. The further the separation, the louder the shouting will be. So love does break down time and space and conversely the lack of it creates time and space.

Till today, seven years after, the movie continues to bring me inspiration. It doesn't matter where you are in the time spectrum or where you are physically located, if you do like the movie like I do, the time and space between us will break down. And if we do meet, I will be curious to know "who" meets "who". Is it the future-me meeting the past-you or the past-me meeting the future-you?

My Kwangsoo's Thought of the day: We are separated by heart and not by time and space.

The attached video clip is the last 9 mins of the movie "Il Mare". If you have not seen the movie you may not want to watch this.



5 comments:

  1. oh... i love il mare! it's my favourite korean movie of all time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really like this movie as this is the second time you blogged about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee Jung Jae !
    Have u watched Ditto ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jean, glad to know that you like Il Mare too.

    Yesmaru, 물론이죠! ^^

    Seo Yeong, you like Jung Jae, don't you? I have not watched Ditto. If I remember correctly, this Korean movie is older than Il Mare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 이정제배우님은 진짜 멋있어요. I'm trying to get hold of his latest drama, Air City. I've also watched him in Asako in Ruby Shoes, Last Present, Typhoon, Brothers, etc.

    ReplyDelete