Sunday, February 04, 2007

아름다운 불국사

Have you ever been attracted to visit a place after seeing some beautiful pictures of a place? I was. I bought a pack of postcard with the "beautiful Gyeongju" theme in Busan some years ago. Four years later I visited Gyeongju. In the pack of postcard which I bought there were pictures showing Bulguksa Temple in fall and winter. Different season seems to bring out a different beauty in the temple. When I visited Bulguksa Temple, it was spring. I took a picture of the temple from the same angle as those pictures shown in the postcards and it turned out quite well. However when I compared my picture with those on the postcards, I cannot seem to remember that there were branches overhanging in the position as shown in the postcards. I do suspect that "photoshop" had been used to create a more stunning-looking Bulguksa Temple. To me, with or without photo-editing, Bulguksa Temple still look beautiful.

Update: Song pointed out that there could be a tree behind the position which I took the picture and which I did not notice. She was absolutely right. I have checked numerous photographs of Bulguksa in the internet and all showed that there was indeed a tree. So the picture of Bulguksa in the postcard is genuine.

The first two pictures are taken from postcards. The last is taken by me.

7 comments:

  1. 마지막 사진도 엽서에 나오는 풍경 같네요. 멋져요^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. 불국사는 아름다워 보인네요. 마지막 사진도 잘 찍었어요. 포스카드하고 같아요.^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Song and Spicebears, thank you for your nice words ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. 갑자기 생각난 건데, 엽서에 나온 나무가 나중에 잘리지 않았을까요? 포토샵으로 그려넣은 것 같지는 않은데...
    아니면 Equinox 씨가 사진 찍을 때 뒤에 있던 나무를 못보았다던가...
    ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. 다음에 경주에 혹시 가게 되면 한번 자세히 살펴볼게요. 그 자리에 나무가 과연 있나 없나...
    ^^

    암튼 사진 멋져요^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. 알았어요. 다음에 그렇게 해 볼게요 :)

    ReplyDelete