Friday, December 22, 2006

적도의 크리스마스

The sky finally cleared up yesterday afternoon, so I decided to go for a stroll in Orchard Road to soak in the tropical Christmas atmosphere. I did get soak afterall - but in my perspiration. Although it has been raining for weeks and night temperature averaging about 26 deg C, I was still feeling quite warm yesterday night.

This year is supposed to be the biggest ever Christmas light-up in Singapore. Its light and sparkle galore at Orchard in Singapore. I just could not take my eyes off this giant Christmas tree outside of Paragon. It was simply the centre of attraction.

It is not frequent that I visit Orchard during the Christmas season. I always feel that the light-up is only meant for the tourists. It is not a must-see for locals. I think I can draw a parallel in that chefs do not usually eat the food they cook even if their food are considered the best in town. I am aware that Singapore has the best Christmas light-up in the region and perhaps the world but I still won't feel a lost if I don't see it.

The Orchard shopping belt is so extensively lite up that there is no need to fear squeezing with crowd to see the lights. After seeing all the pictures and if you are wondering where are all the crowd, please see the picture below. It was really crowded at certain section of Orchard. I did have to squeeze my way through. Well this is Christmas in Singapore - beautiful lights, warm weather and friendly people ^^


1 comment: