Saturday, November 25, 2006

KLPT시험 성적

Note: The above certificate is not an original certificate issued by the Korean Language Proficiency Test Committee. The certificate is edited and reproduced in this posting for the purpose of illustration only.

I went down to NUS Extension at Park Mall today to collect my Korean Language Proficiency Test result. I scored 245 out of 500 marks. Based on the six-levels KLPT standard, I am considered to have attained level 1 standard (KLPT scores 200-245), the lowest of the passing standards. In fact, it was not that difficult to attain level 1 standard as I previously thought. Almost all those who took the test on the same day as me attained level 1 standard or better.

One of the top performer of this test attained a level 4 standard (KLPT scores 350-395). I was told that she worked in Korea for 2 years. KLPT must have been a piece of cake for her. Our Korean teacher wannabe achieved level 3 standard (KLPT scores 300-345) which she attributed mostly to luck. I thought she was just being humble. She deserved the scores she had. Anyway, if anyone wants to gain entry into a university in Korea, he or she must attain level 5 standard or better (KLPT scores 400-500).

As for my result, I find it unbelievable that I actually did better for my listening than my reading. Nonetheless, I am happy with my result. So what if it is not level 2 or better, at least I did not let down my teacher. Equinox, 화이팅!

5 comments:

  1. Spicebears and Song, 고맙습니다 =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah....the KLPT cert so cute hor...got your photo some more......^^

    Actually for someone who took the test for the first time, you got quite good scores leh....

    So, you should seriously think about joining the Kor Speech Contest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes aini, this cert is a limited edition. If you want a cute cert like this, you should sit for the next KLPT. Anyway, thanx for your compliment. ^^

    ReplyDelete