Sunday, November 19, 2006

마지막 장

I have been writing about my 1-week immersion programme in Kyunghee University for the past few months. Today I am writing the concluding chapter for the programme. As they say, all good things must come to an end. But before the final end, I will just re-visit the immersion programme one more time in this posting.

Above is the iconic university administration building. Our first language lesson was conducted by Kim Seon Saeng Nim in this building. It was a special arrangement made by the Institute of International Education so that we could have the experience of studying in this beautiful building.

[Top Left] Grand Auditorium. [Top Right] Bronze Sculpture. [Bottom] Central Library. The Grand Auditorium can easily be mistaken as a Cathedral but it isn't. The Central Library seems to be a favourite filming site for Korean movie. You can see it in "Classics" and "Traces of Love". Coming from a former British colony, where European-style buildings are common, I still feel that the buildings in Kyunghee are beautiful.


This is the slope we had to climb every morning to reach the Institute of International Education where we had our daily lesson. IIE is the white building at the end of this road to the right.

On reaching the entrance of IIE, there were some more steps to climb to the main door. After that, there was still staircase to climb before we finally reached our classroom. It was a good workout every day.

One of the thing we did during our lesson was to do a presentation of ourselves. For our standard, we could only read off our script. Frankly, I didn't understand what others were talking about. Neither did I know what I was talking about. At that time, my Korean language standard was really that bad. 미안해요.

Kyunghee Seoul campus, is really a very nice place for tertiary education. However, it was not just the place that made this immersion programme memorable. Thanks to our teachers at Kyunghee. The interesting and animated 김민재, the chubby and cool 임채훈 and the cute and shy 고우리. Thanks to our dowoomis who spent their time with us. Finally, thanks to the company of my classmates. I will remember the time when we ate the 32cm-tall ice cream in Myeongdong at near zero temperature. That was a really "cool" experience.

I not too sure if I will be back at Kyunghee but I do look forward to studying in Korea again. The end is finally here. I will sign off with the picture (below) which was taken outside the Central Library.

2 comments:

  1. You seem to be able to take pictures from different angle, capable to see things from different perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you can say that I like to see life from different perspectives. ^^

    ReplyDelete