Wednesday, November 29, 2006

제 전자사전

These days I cannot imagine myself studying Korean without my electronic dictionary. I bought my e-dictionary in Kyunghee University for 168,000 won(S$280). I must say that it is worthed every cent that I spent. I just like the ease it provides in translating new Korean words. This gadget has the abilty to do translation between Korean and three other main languages, namely English, Chinese and Japanese. It can also function as a pure dictionary for Korean and English. Despite all the functions that it has, I am satisfied just using its Korean-English and English-Korean translation.

From my experience, not all e-dictionaries are made the same. I bought my first e-dictionary in Singapore. It was a popular but expensive Taiwan brand e-dictionary which claims that it can do translation in English, Chinese, Japanese and Korean. The truth is it cannot do it very well. Most of the Korean words which I typed could not be found. Its a pity that good Korean e-dictionaries are not sold in Singapore. I am sorry to say that if you like to have a decent e-dictionary to study Korean, you will either need to go to Korea or get your friend on holiday trip to Korea to buy it for you.

2 comments:

  1. I definitely will get one of these, the normal dictionary is very heavy. Hopefully my Korean will have a quantum leap after buying it :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesmaru, e-dictionary will make learning Korean easier but to achieve quantum leap you will still need to be hardworking. ;)

    ReplyDelete