Tuesday, October 30, 2007

시험 본 후의 생각

I took my KLPT last Sunday at NUS Extension. This time round, I knew exactly what to expect. I was not a bit intimidated by the test and completed all the questions within the time given. I know I will definitely cross the 200-marks passing point unlike last year when I have to hope to be lucky to pass. I am also quite sure I will surpass my last year result of 245 marks. A year has indeed made a different to my Korean proficiency.

There were 16 students this year who took the test though 18 had registered. The size was slightly smaller than last year probably because many potential takers were streamed to take Basic KLPT instead. Within the exam hall, I could see many familiar faces. To be exact, I knew half of the group inside the exam hall. Among those, were my Korean Basic Level 1 classmates who started learning Korean with me two years ago. The best time of my life was spent in Level 1. It seems like yesterday that we have all just started studying Korean.

Whatever result I may get eventually, I am quite aware that I am nowhere near proficient in Korean language yet. I think I will probably be back to take KLPT again next year. Perhaps, I may stop taking it once I can cross the 400-marks point. Hopefully by the next test, I can reach that target. This will mean that I will have to continue to study hard in the coming year. With probably only one or two more semesters of Korean lesson left, I may have to do quite a bit of self study next year. Whatever thing may be, I will take it in my stride. KLPT, see you next year. I'll be back.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm a frequent reader of your blog because I'm very interested in the Korean language :)

    I am planning to continue my Korean lessons at either Singapore Korean School or NUS Extension cos my holidays are nearing..

    I'd like to ask for your opinion on whether SKS or NEX is a better choice. Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly, thanks for dropping by. As to your question, I will come back to you this weekend. I have a lot to write about SKS and NEX. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will wait patiently. thanks for replying :)

    ReplyDelete