Sunday, October 29, 2006

배우는 길

Nami Island
A path lined with chestnut trees in Nami Island.

My Korean learning journey has just passed one-year mark. Today, I sat for the Korean Language Proficiency Test. My difficulty in handling the test paper goes to show that a wide gulf exists between what I currently know and the proficiency standard expected. Reality can sometimes be quite hurting. It does not help that desire is normally greater than ability.

However, the cause for disappointment can equally be a motivating force. The desire to succeed will continue to provide the necessary drive to keep me moving on the road. Korean learning is a long journey because I decided to set my objective far away. Very soon, I will be reaching the end of the well-trodden path which I am currently walking on. From there onwards, the path will no longer be well-defined and I will need to walk out my own road to my destination. I am looking forward to it.

3 comments:

  1. Please unveil your grand plan, don't put me in suspense^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aini =)

    Yesmaru, keep hanging there while I think of the plan ^^
    Actually, I only have direction but no plan. Will take one thing at a time.
    Okay, better come down now or it will be tiring for you.

    ReplyDelete