Monday, October 09, 2006

월요일 오후에

I like to be off on a Monday afternoon. I don't suffer from Monday blues but it is always good to go out without the need to jostle my way through the weekend crowd. Singapore has gotten a bit too crowded over the years for my liking. It has become that Monday and Tuesday are two of my favourite week days to take off so that I can avoid the crowd before they recover their energy to throng the streets again from Wednesday onwards.

The year is coming to an end and I have many more days of leave to clear. Don't envy me as I may have to void my annual leave if I am unable to find time to clear them. It can be quite a tricky business trying to clear my leave at the end of the year. When I thought people should be slowing down due to the year-end's festivity mood, strangely, work will start piling up at my table. I need to do something about this abnormaly. Hmmm.....

I always find Monday afternoon peaceful. The pace of life seems to slow down drastically. I thought a good way to pass time on a lazy Monday afternoon is to find a nice place and enjoy an afternoon tea. Life can be this good. Better believe it. ^^

2 comments:

  1. Yawn....I just woke up from my afternoon nap. Perhaps, I should head for the storeroom and take out my Jane Austen novel.

    Hmm.....nothing like a lazy afternoon, in an empty cafe, with a cuppa and "Pride and Prejudice" just waiting for the annual read.

    Enjoy your afternoon off. In our busy life, sometimes we forget to stop and appreciate it. Thanks for reminding me of what I should do on a lovely afternoon such as this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see that you have a lovely afternoon, isn't it? Thanks for suggesting to bring a good book along. It has been quite some time since I last read a book. Its time to sweep the dust off my bookself again.

    ReplyDelete