Monday, October 23, 2006

시월애 - 동영상

[Pictures from Hancinema]

'Il Mare' has until now been my number one Korea movie. 'The Host', while hugely popular in Korea, has not been able to make the same impact on me. In fact, I dozed off while watching it. It was not a boring movie but it just did not get me excited enough.

Perhaps there are better Korean movies but I have yet to watch them. One of these movies recommended to me was 'A Moment to Remember'. Friends were saying that they cried like a baby while watching this movie. It may have been one of those good Korean movies that I have missed.

I am not too sure if 'Il Mare' can be categorised as a love story. As far as I can understand, no one actually uttered "사랑합니다!" in the movie. But as an audience, I can feel that love was in the air. There was a lot of 'feel' of love in the movie but nothing explicit. The movie gained depth because of its subtle portrayal of love.

To put the icing on the cake, the movie soundtrack 'Must Say Goodbye' by 김현철 did a great job in bringing up the right mood for the movie. The soundtrack is one of those things that makes this movie memorable. Many years may have passed but the soundtrack always makes me thinks fondly of the movie.

4 comments:

  1. Benar apa yang Equinox cakap. Saya rasa bahawa perkataan "사랑해..." itu tak mestinya disebut untuk merasakan cinta.

    Haha...understand or not? If cannot, I translate for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aini 씨, Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri!

    Kadang-kadang saya setuju tentang perkataan seperti "saya cinta mu" tiday payah disebutkan untuk rasaan cinta kalau kami menuju cinta dari cara-cara lain.....

    You need not utter the word "I love you" as long as the love is in the air and I can feel it...

    Equinox 씨, I thought you wanted to have break from blog, thus have not visited blogs for past one week, oh.....I missed it! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I highly recommend "A Moment to Remember"! Do watch it and blog about it to let us know if you like this movie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aini, I know a bit of what you wrote but I need the help of dictionary of course. ^^

    Yesmaru, thanks for your support. Can't blog daily now because of the coming test.

    Spicebears, I will try to watch. It seems to be one of those good movies that I have missed.

    ReplyDelete