Friday, July 27, 2007

유리화

If you have not known, my latest blog's banner comes from a picture which I took in Kyunghee University, Suwon Campus. It is a picture of the stained glass found inside the University Administration Hall and the Central Library. I think it is one of the most colourful banner which I have created so far. While the banner looks nice, I like the original picture better. The sharp contrast of light and darkness makes the picture distinctive.

The recent weather in Singapore has been rather cooling because of the frequent raining. As temperature drops, I tend to feel sleepy much easier. I am starting to suspect that the human body is actually very sensitive to temperature changes. If it senses a temperature drop, the body will start to prepare itself for "hibernation". Perhaps this is a survival instinct. Animals hibernate during winter to preserve energy when food is scarce. Though humans no longer need to worry about food scarcity problem during winter, the hibernating instinct has not yet been completely abandoned. I guess this explain why I slept so well when the outside temperature in Korea was sub-zero degree Celsius.

Things are getting a bit busy for me these days to the extent that I do not have enough time for my TOPIK homework. Our teacher expects 100% passing rate for our class and I do want to disappoint her. I must say she is very committed to ensuring we are well prepared. She prepares a lot of useful notes for each lesson. Perhaps I may share some of them in future. There are a lot of things being taught during class and many homework to do. When we don't submit our homework or prepare for lesson, her hand will simulate holding a knife and cutting through her chest and while doing that says "수상" (受傷). What she is trying to tell us is that it hurts when we are not working hard enough after she has spent so much time preparing the lesson notes. I want to do well for the exam so blogging will have to take a back seat for the time-being. One and a half month more to go before the TOPIK exam. I need to get serious about my preparation from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment