Monday, June 04, 2007

한국어공부 계획

At the start of this year, I was lamenting that there was no more Korean class to attend and my language standard was deteriorating by the day. After a lapse of four months, I went Kyunghee University for 3 weeks and continued with my Korean language study. Then, I had about 16 hours of lesson time each week. After I was back in Singapore, I enrolled myself for the Singapore Korean School's Advanced level and the NUS Extension's Post Advanced Course. Now, every week I am receiving 6 hours of lesson. I must say it is tough to maintain such a hectic study routine. I almost have to rush to class after work every Tuesday and Thursday. However, never once did the thought of giving up cross my mind. Perhaps I can say that it is "tiringly" enjoyable to study Korean and that somehow keeps me going.

Looking at the SKS's course schedule, if everything goes fine I should be able to complete Kyunghee's Intermediate Level II syllabus by 18 Dec 07. However, that is greatly dependent on whether there are enough students to form a class. I will also be looking at taking either the Korean Language Proficiency Test (KLPT) or the Test of Proficiency In Korean (TOPIK) in this half of the year. In Singapore, KLPT is adminstered by the NUS Extension while TOPIK is administered by the Singapore Korean School. If time permits, I will like to take both. I may sound greedy but I really think that test is the most effective means to force myself to study. My target for KLPT is 300 marks and TOPIK is level 3 or 4. As it is, the second half of this year is going to be very busy for me.

It seems like I am rushing to learn too much within a short span of time. But I have been "rushing" through levels since I started my Korean language course in NEX. At times, I took two courses of different level at the same time. In my mind, I am just trying to make up for the lost time. If I have started formal lesson on the very first day of my learning journey I might have well mastered the language to a reasonably good extent many years back. I am simply doing a catching up now. 이귀녹 파이팅!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, classes at both NUS Extn and SKS at same time ! Super ON !
    BTW, are u a member of http://club.tour2korea.com/singapore ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Seo Yeong, Bangawoyo :)
    If I am Super ON than you must be Uber ON! You can maintain a Korean blog, preside over club.tour2korea.com/singapore, organise monthly gathering for members, make investment and leave comment in blogs all at the same time. And that's what I call a lot of work. (I do my homework, didn't I?)

    But I guess you really like what you are doing and that's important. I have a lot to learn from you. 앞으로 잘 부탁드립니다! Anyway I am not a member of the forum. Are you recruiting new members? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got make investment meh ? How come I dont see the $$ ?
    If you want, you just join lah, I wont force lah. Usually those with Korean friends see no need to join because they already have Korean friends to practise their Korean on.
    참, 내일 모임이 있어서 원하면 좀 참석하세요.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are not investment officer meh? Newspaper anyhow report de.

    Anyway I don't have Korean friends to practise my Korean so I guess I need to join then.

    모임에 가고 싶은데 어떻게 참석하는지 모르겠어요. 가르쳐 주시겠어요.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lianhe Zaobao said that meh ? Too long ago, forgot liao ...
    Meetup details are posted at http://club.tour2korea.com/singapore
    Close to 30 of us will be at the Peranakan restaurant at One George Street at 7 pm tonite (22/6).

    ReplyDelete
  6. 모임에 가고 싶지만 금요일 저녁에 갑자기 일이 생기는 바람에 가지 못 했어요. 정말 미안해요. 다시는 꼭 갈 게요.

    ReplyDelete