Friday, June 01, 2007

기적 가득한 이 세상

This telephone booth in Deoksugung caught my attention while we were resting at the recreation corner after finishing our walk. Public phone booth is a rare sight these days. But what really caught my eyes was the sentence "Life is wonderfull" printed on it. It reminds me that life is full of wonder and because of that life can be wonderful.

We may have already taken phone for granted and that we don't see it as a wonder anymore. The fact that we can hear each other over the air is a wonder in itself. As a kid, I was taught to make a simple comms kit using just two paper cups, two toothpicks and one long thread. I was in awe when I discovered that I could actually talk to my friend through the paper cup.

As a kid, I would not have believed that telephone could one day be carried around in a pocket. But mobile phone has since become an inseparable part of daily life. Our life changes because there are people who believe that this world is full of wonder. It is good that I can be reminded sometimes that wonder does exist and that I should not drop my head low when my luck is down. Only if I can just lift my head high up I will be able to see and breathe the wonder of this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment