Saturday, August 19, 2006

처음 한국 텔렌트를 만났다

우리 선생님 배현경(좌) 및 친절한 양미경

Two days ago, 양미경(梁美京) and the Korean Ambassador to Singapore, visited the NUS Extension. I have no idea who is 양미경 because I do not watch the highly popular korean drama 대장금(大長今). Apparently, she acted as 한상궁(韓尙宮) in 대장금. It was a Thursday night and we were supposed to have our language lesson but because of the impending visit of 양미경 씨, we ended our lesson one and a half hour earlier.

양미경 was here in Singapore to promote the Korean culture and to mark the 15th Anniversary of the ASEAN-Korea Cultural Exchange Programme. Her time of stay in Singapore was less than 48 hours. So it was quite a privilege for us, the students of the Korean Language Programme, to have an half hour face-to-face session with her.

The visit of 양미경 and the Korean Ambassador to NUS Extension showed the importance which the Korean authority has accorded to the Korean Language Programme at the Park Mall campus. In the Ambassador's short speech to the students, he wished that the Korean Language would make its way into the NUS main campus at Kent Ridge. I do hope that his wish can become a reality. That would mean that I can continue with my language study to a higher level in Singapore.

Another thing worthed mentioning was that we were treated to a buffet by the school after the event. Wow! Never thought I could get something back from the school after paying so much for the course fees. I ate to my heart's content. It was indeed a satisfying day for me. ^^

2 comments:

  1. Equinox 씨, I fully agree with you. It would be better if the school is able to provide more of such interesting event occasionally in the future. By the way, have you encountered difficulty uploading your picture in your blog like what other bloggers have experienced?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget, the school is an Enterprise. I am not placing any bet for more of such event in the future. We are just so lucky to be there last Thursday. ^^

    There is no problem with uploading of picture or I could not have uploaded my picture for this post.

    ReplyDelete