Friday, January 16, 2009

사랑하는 겨울

I woke up at 6am this morning. It is not my usual wake-up time but since I am going to sit for my mid-term test today, I need more time to do some last-minute revision. The first thing I did after waking up was to look out of the window. Sure enough, it was snowing as forecasted. The week-long severe cold finally ended with this morning flurries.

When I left my dorm for school around 8am, the snowing gradually became heavier. According to this evening news, the snowfall in Seoul today measured 5.1cm. This is probably the heaviest snowfall I have ever experienced. Winter is lovely because of snow. Roads, buildings and naked trees covered in snow today, gave an otherwise dusty and gloomy neighbourbood a clean fresh look.

Its a shame that I must be taking my mid-term test during such a beautiful day. My test today comprises of four papers - reading, grammar and vocabulary, listening and writing. We were given 50 minutes to complete each paper. I think I did relatively well for my first 3 papers. The "killer" was the writing paper. I am probably going to flunk the paper. The problem does not lie with the test paper nor my language ability. It is just that I always have this problem writing essay within a short period of time. Writing essay in English and Chinese during exam is equally challenging for me, not to mention writing in Korean. Perhaps I am too fussy with what I write. As such, I do not like to be rush into writing something. If given more time, I believe I can write a decent Korean essay. But a test is a test, I will need to work harder to overcome my "reluctance" to write fast.

It's time for some snow photographs which I took inside my campus after test.

New Wardrobe

Autumn meets Winter

Unspolit Pureness

Cotton Softness

Snow Flower

Clean and Fresh Look

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back ..

    i'm so surprised to know that you are back to blog now.I couldn't delete bookmark of your blog..

    strangely..i know you will resume someday

    ReplyDelete
  2. hoho love the snow today too ^ ^

    original time stamp: 16 January 2009 20:30

    ReplyDelete
  3. me too ^^

    original time stamp: 16 January 2009 21:18

    ReplyDelete