Wednesday, January 02, 2008

오므라이스

I have walked past many omurice specialty shops in Seoul previously but I have never once ate in any of the shops. One common characteristics of omurice shops is that they normally have glass cabinet, outside the shop, which displays all the different variety of omurice sold. Those mock-up display are so nicely done that it seems strange that they have never caught my attention. Anyway, I finally "succumbed" to them in this trip. I have my first omurice meal at Pomunoki omurice specialty shop.

I ordered a chicken teriyaki omurice in cream sauce and a glass of orange ice lemon tea. The omurice was quite alright but what I really like was that glass of orange ice lemon tea. I have never thought that orange and lemon tea concoction can taste so nice. It still puzzles me how they manage to separate the orange juice and lemon tea into two distinct layers. I have tried pouring lemon tea into orange juice but they mix instantly.

The meal cost me about S$21. Japanese, Italian and Western food are all so expensive in Korea. If I am on a shoe-string budget, I will have to learn to crave for Korean food instead. Those 1,000won-per-roll kimbap is quite a good meal subsitute by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment