Wednesday, November 05, 2008

한국꽃

Last week, I was back at NEX, not for Korean class, but to collect some certificate. I was thinking it might just be my last visit to NEX for a long while to come. So while I was there, I took the opportunity to visit its small library which houses a collection of Korean books donated by the Korean Embassy. As I was browsing, I came across a book which introduces the common flora of Korea. After pouring through the book, I could at long last tag a name to some of the beautiful flora I saw in Korea.

[Left Column] Top: Chaenomeles (명자나무). Middle: Pyracantha (피라칸사). Bottom: Muscari (무스카리).
[Right Column] Azalea Pancake (진달래 전), a cuisine decorated with Spring flower - Azalea. I saw it being displayed at the recent Korea Fiesta held at VivoCity.

No comments:

Post a Comment