Wednesday, February 13, 2008

일년지계 재어춘


일년지계는 봄에 있고 일일지계는 아침에 있다.
一年之计在于春,一日之计在于晨。

What this means is that the plan for the year is made in Spring and the plan for the day is made in the morning. Over the years, I have come to appreciate the value of planning. If I need things to happen, hoping alone is not enough. I can say with certainty that without planning, almost everything that I have hoped for previously, seldom turned out the way as intended. I couldn't remember when I began to change. Anyway, after I started the habit of planning, I also developed the habit of thinking through the things to be accomplished by the end of the day while sipping away my tea in the morning. A day becomes more meaningful that way. I probably have my plan for this year sorted out as well and so I know that whatever happens to me next Spring is not a matter of luck or fortune but due the plan which I made this Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment