Friday, February 13, 2009

단비가 온다

It has been raining since this morning. This morning is the hottest and wettest morning since I arrived in Korea. I bought an umbrella at a convenience store this morning but it was damaged by afternoon. Should I call this umbrella "불량품"?

Anyway, the Koreans call today's rain as 단비 which means "welcome rain". If the dry weather continues any further, it will be drought in Korea soon. After today's rain, the last cold wave for this winter will arrive this weekend. The last coldness of winter is called "막바지 추위". I guess it's time to put on my winter clothing again for one last time.

Since it is raining today, I have a question related to rain.

Assuming that you are driving a two-seaters cabriolet on a rainy day. As you drive pass a bus-stop, you saw 3 persons. The first person is an old lady who is very sick. The second person is a doctor who once saved your life. The third person is an opposite sex who is your "style". What will you do in this situation? If you want to mull over the question, don't read further because I am going to reveal the most ideal answer in the next paragraph.



The most ideal answer is to give your car key to the doctor and let he drives the old lady to the hospital. You shall then wait for your bus together with the person who is your "style" in the rain. Isn't it a perfect answer, 완벽하죠?

This question is asked by a Korean company to 200 job applicants and only one person gave the right answer. Naturally, that's the only person who got the job deal. Don't feel bad if you didn't get it right. Majority of us will choose one of the 3 persons to give a ride to but very few can think beyond and out-of-the-box. I think it's no big deal. 'Can-do' attitude is still more important for success than the ability to think out-of-the-box.

I have another joke related to rain. After raining has stopped, a frog with a big tummy came out for a walk in a field. Soon, he met a snake.

"Snake, snake, what are you doing?", the frog asked.
"I am on my way to dinner.", the snake replied.
"What are you going to have for dinner", the frog asked again.
"I am having a frog with a big tummy for dinner.", the snake replied.
"Oops, when did my butt come in front?", the panic frog said whilst trying to push its tummy behind.

Did you laugh? No? It's ok. After our teacher told us this joke, one student remarked, "추워요!" Now you should know why the cold wave is coming tomorrow. Because I just told a "cold joke" ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment