Saturday, December 18, 2010

북 카폐

One of my friends wants to open a book cafe. Whether her idea will come to fruition is anyone guess. I've my reservation and it is not the idea but the feasibility of the idea. The environment is not quite favorable for entrepreneurship. Anyway, I shan't dwell further on the feasibility part. Rather, I would like to imagine what my friend's book cafe will look like if it is for real. I came across one small book cafe in Daehangno (대학로, 大學路) which I think can serve as a good reference.

A book cafe should have cute mascots to attract attention.

It should have beautifully-decorated window panels

It should have good photo-taking spots.

It should be easily accessible, preferably beside a road where there is a steady flow of human traffic.

It should have eye-catching sign and name.

It should have a beverage menu that includes: espresso, americano, cappuccino, latte, mocha, caramel macchiato, hot chocolate, green tea latte, fresh fruit juice and herb tea. Food menu should have sandwich, muffin, cookie, bagel and cheese cake as options. Used books should come with 60-70% discount. The collection of 'for sale' and 'not for sale' books should be around three thousands in number. Last but not least, it  must have wireless internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment